Thursday 14 August 2008

A Lesson in Pain Management - Part 2


Now that relief from this latest Fibro myalgia pain episode was within my grasp, I began to relax, however I just kept hearing the same phrase repeating over and over in my head, "We have a new Epilepsy drug that you could try." Dr No2 might as well have said "Would you like a new Epilepsy drug with that? We're doing a 2 for 1 offer at the moment, side effects included!"


How did it all get to this? I'm 42 years of age, I fell ill in November 2006, had to leave my job; in a career I loved, move in with my parents (my mother has been my carer) and then live off my savings (which have almost expired). The future is uncertain, although financial ruin is looming rather too large for my liking ( I'm not eligible for any benefits. More on that thorny subject later). To add to this, my partner of 14 years decided that my illness was an inconvenience with regard to his sudden biological urge to procreate, (perfect timing that one!) so he left me for a veritable babymaking machine ( she loved pregnancy and wasn't too fussy about the sperm end of things, having already engineered 4 children from as many fathers). My Ex then sold our home to save Babymaker's house from the bailiffs ( after all, being in love is a form of madness). I was too ill to fight it and had actually reached the point of being past caring anyway.


Don't get me wrong. I'm not in the least bit bitter towards my Ex. Babymaker is welcome to him. In hindsight; after discovering in 2004 that my partner was incapable of the most basic of nursing skills; during my 12 months of Pernicious Anaemia ( the prelude to my current condition) there was now no way that I would have allowed his sperm anywhere near 1 of my eggs!


"In sickness and in health." My Ex had said from the start that he didn't believe in marriage. When it came to the sickness part, he meant it.
(photo by snapdragon6 for "frou-frou" photography/copyright 2008)

No comments:

 

Web Site Counters
apparel shopping